Our purpose

Our family loves cooking. We live through cooking. We cook normal stuff and want to share it with all of you.

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Spinach and Artichoke Dip by Lisa

So, here it goes, the very first post! This isnt a "big deal" kinda recipe but someone had to get this started!

The other night I made spinach and artichoke dip and homemade French bread. It was amazing-definitely better than any dip we have ever ordered pre-dinner at a restaurant!
 Recipe:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

1 can(14 ounce) artichoke hearts, chopped into little pieces
1 pkg(10 ounce) frozen spinach, thawed to manufacturers specifications
cream cheese, about 5-6 ounces, or 2/3's of a standard brick (eyeball it)
1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese (shredded, not grated)
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup sour cream
1/4 tsp minced garlic (or more, depending on preference)


Mixed all ingredients together in an oven-safe dish. Baked covered 25 minutes, or until bubbly and delicious!


This seriously was to die for! Im not for sure on the amount of cheese I actually used, but I'm sure it was a good amount because I LOVE CHEESE. Just add cheese until you are satisfied. And I think I maybe didn't add all of the spinach, but most of it. See that's the thing with cooking, most of the time you improvise and eyeball it to your own tastes.

 

1 comment:

  1. Yum! This is my favorite kind of dip and I've never made it. Can't wait to try it out! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete